This Institute was founded at its present place in the year 1900 AD to provide Health care to Mentally Sick persons. It was named “Lunatic Asylum”. Law was formulated to run it named “Lunacy Act of 1912”. At that time this hospital encompassed a piece of land consisting of 172 Acres, which has shrinked to a piece of land within the boundary walls (2008 AD). The Governing Law Lunacy Act 1912 being unsuitable and inconvenient was replaced by “Mental Health Ordinance in 2001”. The name of “ Govt. Mental Hospital ” was changed to “ Govt. Hospital for Psychiatric Diseases in 1996, and was renamed as “Punjab Institute of Mental Health” in 2002. It consists of 1400 beds as indoor facility and about 500-600 patients visit Out Patient Deptt. per day and are provided free treatment.
Something About Company